When you can not choose whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a foam with a bit more support for your back and hips. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to pick between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Bear Vs Layla Mattress
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Bear Vs Layla Mattress
Construction Bear Vs Layla Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Bear Vs Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Bear Vs Layla Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price point. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important component to consider particularly for those who share their mattress. The Layla reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when your spouse tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that offers some cooling properties. But given the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it’s worth the cost.
Edge support is a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe while laying on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Bear Vs Layla Mattress
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather quick reaction time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Shipping Fee: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made through FedEx. Mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You probably want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Bear Vs Layla Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is only given to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for the mattress can be found below. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you like to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also great for you if you want a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the opportunity to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you sleep with a spouse and require a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Bear Vs Layla Mattress
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature lets you try two distinct comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Bear Vs Layla Mattress