When you can’t decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a foam with a bit more support for your hips and spine. With two built-in firmness options, you get to choose between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives more support. Buy Layla Mattress
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Buy Layla Mattress
Construction Buy Layla Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Buy Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Buy Layla Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it’s surely worth the price point. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot each time you change your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when your partner rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit bigger, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to give as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around at night changing positions (side, back and stomach sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which can potentially have some cooling properties. But because of the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely think it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse while laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe while lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Buy Layla Mattress
This is a authentic foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla mattress isn’t that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly quick reaction time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Shipping Fee: The Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually takes 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You will want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Buy Layla Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively provided to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress are underneath. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also ideal for you if you prefer a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for people who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the opportunity to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also great if you sleep with a spouse and need a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Buy Layla Mattress
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to have two different comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage great as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Buy Layla Mattress