When you can’t determine whether you need a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a foam with more support for your hips and back. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Casper Vs Layla Mattress
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Casper Vs Layla Mattress
Construction Casper Vs Layla Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Casper Vs Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Casper Vs Layla Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you change your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important factor to consider particularly for those who share their bed. The Layla reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to give as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night switching positions (back, side and stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it’s worth the cost.
Edge support is a common problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse when laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling secure while laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the bed.
Casper Vs Layla Mattress
This is a true foam mattress built for impact absorbency. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather quick reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Shipping Fee: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. The mattresses take two to three business days to manufacture, and after it is sent usually requires 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Casper Vs Layla Mattress
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only provided to first purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress can be found underneath. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you prefer to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is ideal for you if you want a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for people who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the choice to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also great when you sleep with a partner and require a mattress with great motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Casper Vs Layla Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness level on each side. This allows you to experience a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to have two different comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Casper Vs Layla Mattress