When you can’t determine whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a memory foam with more support on your hips and spine. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Forbes Layla Mattress
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Forbes Layla Mattress
Construction Forbes Layla Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Forbes Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Forbes Layla Mattress
When regularly used, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from foot to head each time you change your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial component to consider particularly if you share their bed. The Layla isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you are sinking in the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit bigger, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to offer as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which can potentially have some cooling properties. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a fair amount of collapse while laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure while sitting on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Forbes Layla Mattress
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like most memory foam models, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly quick reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Shipping Fee: The Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx. The mattresses take two to three business days to manufacture, and once shipped usually requires two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to your home. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Forbes Layla Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only provided to first purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress can be found below. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best mattress for you if you like to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also ideal for you if you want a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for those who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the opportunity to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great when you have a spouse and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Forbes Layla Mattress
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature lets you have two distinct comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Forbes Layla Mattress