When you can not choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a foam with more support on your hips and back. With two built in firmness options, you get to choose between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives more support. Helix Mattress Vs Layla
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Helix Mattress Vs Layla
Construction Helix Mattress Vs Layla
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Helix Mattress Vs Layla
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the support layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Helix Mattress Vs Layla
When in use, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it is definitely worth the price point. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you change your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important component to consider especially if you share their bed. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you will not be disturbed when your spouse tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which can potentially have some cooling benefits. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it is worth the price.
Edge support has been a regular problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse when sitting on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe while laying on the edge so you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Helix Mattress Vs Layla
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like most memory foam models, the Layla isn’t that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly fast reaction time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Delivery Charge: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 days to manufacture, and once sent usually requires two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and shipped straight to you. You will want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Helix Mattress Vs Layla
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively offered to original owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress are underneath. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you prefer to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also great for you if you need a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the choice to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also great if you’ve got a spouse and need a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Helix Mattress Vs Layla
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature enables you to try 2 different comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Helix Mattress Vs Layla