When you can’t choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just need a memory foam with more support for your hips and spine. With two built in firmness levels, you get to choose between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers greater support. How Much Does The Layla Mattress Weigh
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
How Much Does The Layla Mattress Weigh
Construction How Much Does The Layla Mattress Weigh
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: How Much Does The Layla Mattress Weigh
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. How Much Does The Layla Mattress Weigh
When used regularly, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it is surely worth the price point. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important component to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when your spouse tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I will cover the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back or tummy sleepers).
The Layla incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that offers some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse when sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst lying on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
How Much Does The Layla Mattress Weigh
This is a genuine foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla mattress is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather quick response time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Shipping Charge: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually requires two to five days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. How Much Does The Layla Mattress Weigh
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively provided to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress can be found below. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal choice for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is good for you if you want a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the option to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you have a spouse and require a mattress with good motion isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress How Much Does The Layla Mattress Weigh
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness level on opposite sides. This allows you to experience a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature lets you have two different comfort levels and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this convenience satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. How Much Does The Layla Mattress Weigh