If you can not determine whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a foam with a little more support for your spine and hips. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to choose between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides greater support. How Soft Is Layla Mattress
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
How Soft Is Layla Mattress
Construction How Soft Is Layla Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: How Soft Is Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. How Soft Is Layla Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from head to foot every time you change your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important factor to consider particularly if you share their bed. The Layla mattress isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when your spouse moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat bigger, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to provide as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that can potentially have some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a fair degree of collapse when sitting on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe while lying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
How Soft Is Layla Mattress
This is a true foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla mattress isn’t that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly quick response time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Shipping Charge: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually requires 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. How Soft Is Layla Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively provided to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress are underneath. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect choice for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is great for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the choice to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great when you sleep with a partner and require a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress How Soft Is Layla Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness level on each side. This provides you a different feel by simply turning the mattress over. This feature enables you to try 2 different comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. How Soft Is Layla Mattress