If you can not decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a memory foam with more support on your hips and spine. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to choose between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. How Thick Is Layla Mattress
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
How Thick Is Layla Mattress
Construction How Thick Is Layla Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: How Thick Is Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. How Thick Is Layla Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price point. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider particularly for those who share their bed. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you’ll not be bothered when your partner rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I will cover the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night switching positions (side, back and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla incorporates both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling properties. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe while laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
How Thick Is Layla Mattress
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla mattress is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather quick reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Delivery Charge: Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and after it is sent usually takes 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and shipped straight to your home. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. How Thick Is Layla Mattress
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is only provided to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress can be found below. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the opportunity to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also great when you’ve got a spouse and need a mattress with good movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress How Thick Is Layla Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness level on each side. This gives you a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to have two different comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. How Thick Is Layla Mattress