If you can’t decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a memory foam with a little more support on your hips and spine. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to choose between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides more support. How To Flip A Layla Mattress
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
How To Flip A Layla Mattress
Construction How To Flip A Layla Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: How To Flip A Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. How To Flip A Layla Mattress
When regularly used, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price point. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important component to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat bigger, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to offer as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling properties. But due to the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it’s worth the cost.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a fair degree of collapse when sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst sitting on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
How To Flip A Layla Mattress
This is a authentic foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a rather fast response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Shipping Fee: Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx. The mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and once sent usually takes 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. How To Flip A Layla Mattress
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively provided to first buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress are below. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is ideal for you if you want a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for people who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them enough support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the freedom to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you sleep with a spouse and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress How To Flip A Layla Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness option on each side. This gives you a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to try two different comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. How To Flip A Layla Mattress