When you can’t determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a memory foam with a bit more support on your spine and hips. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides more support. How To Open Layla Mattress
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, that includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
How To Open Layla Mattress
Construction How To Open Layla Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: How To Open Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. How To Open Layla Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price point. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head each time you change your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial factor to consider particularly if you share their bed. The Layla isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you will not be bothered when your partner tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (side, back and stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which can potentially have some cooling properties. But because of the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly think it is worth the price.
Edge support has been a regular problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
How To Open Layla Mattress
This is a genuine foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather quick response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Shipping Charge: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 days to assemble, and once shipped usually takes two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. How To Open Layla Mattress
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively offered to original owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress are below. But please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect choice for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also great for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the freedom to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal when you have a partner and require a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress How To Open Layla Mattress
The Layla mattress features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature lets you have 2 distinct comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. How To Open Layla Mattress