When you can not determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a memory foam with more support on your spine and hips. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives more support. How To Unpack A Layla Mattress
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
How To Unpack A Layla Mattress
Construction How To Unpack A Layla Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: How To Unpack A Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. How To Unpack A Layla Mattress
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it’s surely worth the price point. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial component to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you will not be disturbed when your partner tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit bigger, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling benefits. But due to the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it’s worth the cost.
Edge support is a common issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a fair degree of collapse when sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure while laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
How To Unpack A Layla Mattress
This is a genuine foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla isn’t that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly quick reaction time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Delivery Charge: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx. The mattresses take two to three days to manufacture, and once sent usually takes two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. How To Unpack A Layla Mattress
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is only offered to first purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress are below. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect choice for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you prefer a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for people who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the opportunity to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also great if you’ve got a spouse and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress How To Unpack A Layla Mattress
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness level on opposite sides. This provides you a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you have 2 distinct comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience great as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. How To Unpack A Layla Mattress