If you can not decide whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just need a foam with a bit more support for your hips and spine. With two built-in firmness options, you get to choose between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers more support. Is Layla A Good Mattress
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Is Layla A Good Mattress
Construction Is Layla A Good Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Is Layla A Good Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Is Layla A Good Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important element to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will most likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit bigger, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and stomach sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which offers some cooling benefits. But because of the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it is worth the investment.
Edge support is a common problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse when sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Is Layla A Good Mattress
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress isn’t that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly fast reaction time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Delivery Charge: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx. The mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and once sent usually takes 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and delivered straight to you. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Is Layla A Good Mattress
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively given to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for the mattress are underneath. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect choice for you if you want to feel as if you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is good for you if you prefer a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for those who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the opportunity to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also great if you have a spouse and need a mattress with great motion isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Is Layla A Good Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on each side. This permits you to experience a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Is Layla A Good Mattress