If you can not determine whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just need a foam with more support for your hips and spine. With two built-in firmness options, you get to choose between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Is Layla Mattress Toxic
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Is Layla Mattress Toxic
Construction Is Layla Mattress Toxic
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Is Layla Mattress Toxic
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Is Layla Mattress Toxic
When in use, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it is surely worth the price point. Layla also advises turning your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important element to consider particularly if you share their mattress. The Layla reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I will cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking into the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to provide as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (back, side and stomach sleepers).
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which can potentially have some cooling benefits. But because of the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly think it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a common problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Is Layla Mattress Toxic
This is a genuine foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla isn’t that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather quick reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Shipping Fee: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and once shipped usually requires 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and shipped straight to you. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Is Layla Mattress Toxic
– Layla Sleep will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only offered to original owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are below. But please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the perfect choice for you if you want to feel as though you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you require a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the freedom to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great when you sleep with a partner and need a mattress with great motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Is Layla Mattress Toxic
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature lets you have two distinct comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Is Layla Mattress Toxic