If you can’t decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a memory foam with more support on your hips and back. With two built in firmness options, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Bed Review
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Bed Review
Construction Layla Bed Review
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Bed Review
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Bed Review
When used regularly, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial component to consider especially if you share their mattress. The Layla mattress isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when your spouse moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking in the bed rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit bigger, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (side, back and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla incorporates both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which offers some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it is worth the cost.
Edge support is a common problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse when sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Bed Review
This is a genuine foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla mattress is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly quick reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Delivery Fee: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually requires two to five days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, Layla requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Bed Review
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively given to first owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress can be found below. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you want to feel as though you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is ideal for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the freedom to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also great if you sleep with a spouse and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Bed Review
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness option on opposite sides. This provides you a different feel by simply turning the mattress over. This feature lets you try two different comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Bed Review