If you can not choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a memory foam with more support on your back and hips. With two built in firmness levels, you get to pick between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla California King Mattress
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla California King Mattress
Construction Layla California King Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla California King Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla California King Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it is certainly worth the price. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important element to consider especially for those who share their bed. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you are sinking into the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit heavier, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to offer as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (side, back and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that offers some cooling benefits. But given the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a common problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla California King Mattress
This is a authentic foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather quick response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Delivery Charge: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually requires 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You probably want to begin by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla California King Mattress
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is only provided to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress can be found underneath. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the best mattress for you if you prefer to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you prefer a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the freedom to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you sleep with a spouse and require a mattress with great motion isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla California King Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness option on each side. This gives you a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature lets you have two distinct comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla California King Mattress