When you can not choose whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a memory foam with more support on your back and hips. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Cooling Mattress
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Cooling Mattress
Construction Layla Cooling Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Cooling Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Cooling Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also advises turning your mattress from head to foot every time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when your spouse rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit heavier, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to give as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (side, back or stomach sleepers).
The Layla incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which offers some cooling properties. But due to the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it is worth the price.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while sitting on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Cooling Mattress
This is a true foam mattress made for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather quick response time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Shipping Charge: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and once sent usually requires two to five days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to you. You probably want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Cooling Mattress
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively given to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress can be found below. But please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for people who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the opportunity to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you sleep with a spouse and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Cooling Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness option on each side. This gives you a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature lets you try 2 distinct comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Cooling Mattress