When you can’t choose whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a memory foam with a little more support for your back and hips. With two built-in firmness options, you get to select between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Copper Infused Mattress
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Copper Infused Mattress
Construction Layla Copper Infused Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Copper Infused Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Copper Infused Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it is surely worth the price. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial component to consider particularly if you share their bed. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you will not be bothered when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat bigger, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to give as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla incorporates both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which offers some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a common problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a fair amount of collapse when laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Copper Infused Mattress
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly quick response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Delivery Charge: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and once shipped usually takes two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and shipped straight to you. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Copper Infused Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively given to first purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for the mattress are below. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you prefer to feel as though you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you prefer a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for those who sleep on their side. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the opportunity to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also great if you’ve got a partner and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Copper Infused Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on each side. This provides you a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Copper Infused Mattress