When you can’t determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a foam with more support for your back and hips. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Foam Mattress Review
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Foam Mattress Review
Construction Layla Foam Mattress Review
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Foam Mattress Review
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Foam Mattress Review
When in use, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot every time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important component to consider particularly for those who share their bed. The Layla mattress isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you’ll not be bothered when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I will cover the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit bigger, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which provides some cooling benefits. But because of the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it’s worth the investment.
Edge support is a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse while sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe while sitting on the edge so you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Foam Mattress Review
This is a true foam mattress constructed for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly fast reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Shipping Fee: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made through FedEx. Mattresses take two to three days to manufacture, and once sent usually requires 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Foam Mattress Review
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively given to original owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress can be found underneath. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal mattress for you if you prefer to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the freedom to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great if you have a partner and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Foam Mattress Review
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness level on each side. This provides you a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to try 2 different comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Foam Mattress Review