When you can’t determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a foam with more support on your back and hips. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to pick between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives more support. Layla Foam Mattress Reviews
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Foam Mattress Reviews
Construction Layla Foam Mattress Reviews
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Foam Mattress Reviews
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Foam Mattress Reviews
When regularly used, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it is certainly worth the price. Layla also advises turning your mattress from head to foot each time you change your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider particularly if you share their mattress. The Layla isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat bigger, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla uses both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which can potentially have some cooling benefits. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it is worth the price.
Edge support has been a frequent issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a fair amount of collapse while laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst sitting on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Foam Mattress Reviews
This is a authentic foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress isn’t particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather quick reaction time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Delivery Fee: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. Mattresses take two to three days to manufacture, and once shipped usually requires 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You will want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Foam Mattress Reviews
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only offered to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress can be found underneath. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you prefer to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is ideal for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for those who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the opportunity to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal when you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Foam Mattress Reviews
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you have two distinct comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this convenience great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Foam Mattress Reviews