When you can’t choose whether you need a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a memory foam with more support for your spine and hips. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to choose between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Latex Mattress
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Latex Mattress
Construction Layla Latex Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Latex Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Latex Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you change your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider particularly for those who share their mattress. The Layla mattress isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when your spouse moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I will cover the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat heavier, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to give as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which offers some cooling properties. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a common problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse while laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Latex Mattress
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla mattress is not that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a rather fast reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Shipping Charge: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and after it is shipped usually requires two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Latex Mattress
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively given to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress are underneath. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you like to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you need a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for people who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the freedom to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great if you sleep with a spouse and require a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Latex Mattress
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply turning the mattress over. This feature lets you try 2 different comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Latex Mattress