If you can’t determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a foam with a little more support for your spine and hips. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Mattress Adjustable
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Adjustable
Construction Layla Mattress Adjustable
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Adjustable
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side will place you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Adjustable
When used regularly, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from head to foot every time you change your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial component to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when your partner moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I will cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat bigger, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to give as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which offers some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a fair amount of collapse while sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Adjustable
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed for impact absorbency. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla mattress is not particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly fast reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Delivery Fee: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made through FedEx. The mattresses take two to three business days to assemble, and once sent usually takes 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You will want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Adjustable
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively provided to first buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are below. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also great for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the option to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great if you sleep with a partner and require a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Adjustable
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness option on opposite sides. This permits you to have a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature lets you try 2 distinct comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Adjustable