If you can not choose whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a foam with more support on your hips and back. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to pick between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress And Back Pain
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress And Back Pain
Construction Layla Mattress And Back Pain
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress And Back Pain
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress And Back Pain
When regularly used, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price point. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you change your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important factor to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you will not be disturbed when your partner tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat heavier, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to provide as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that offers some cooling benefits. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse when laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure while laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress And Back Pain
This is a authentic foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a rather fast reaction time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Delivery Charge: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 days to manufacture, and after it is shipped usually takes 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You will want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress And Back Pain
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively given to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for the mattress can be found underneath. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you prefer to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is good for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the opportunity to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also great if you have a spouse and need a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress And Back Pain
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to try 2 different comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress And Back Pain