If you can’t choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a memory foam with a bit more support for your hips and spine. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to select between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Back Pain
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Back Pain
Construction Layla Mattress Back Pain
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Back Pain
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Back Pain
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important factor to consider especially for those who share their bed. The Layla isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you will not be bothered when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But because of the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support is a frequent issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a fair amount of collapse while sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Back Pain
This is a true foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather quick reaction time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Shipping Charge: Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to your home. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Back Pain
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only offered to original purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress are below. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the choice to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great if you have a partner and require a mattress with great motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Back Pain
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness level on opposite sides. This provides you a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to have 2 distinct comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Back Pain