If you can’t choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a memory foam with more support for your back and hips. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to pick between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Bad
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Bad
Construction Layla Mattress Bad
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Bad
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Bad
When in use, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from foot to head every time you change your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important component to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when your spouse rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit bigger, the plush side of the mattress might not be able to give as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (side, back and tummy sleepers).
The Layla incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which can potentially have some cooling properties. But because of the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it’s worth the cost.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe while lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Bad
This is a true foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly quick reaction time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Shipping Fee: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually takes 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Bad
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only given to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress are below. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal mattress for you if you prefer to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the freedom to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you’ve got a partner and need a mattress with great motion isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Bad
The Layla mattress features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature enables you to try two distinct comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Bad