If you can’t determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a memory foam with a little more support for your spine and hips. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to choose between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Base
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Base
Construction Layla Mattress Base
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Base
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Base
When regularly used, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price point. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit bigger, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who move around at night changing positions (back, side and tummy sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which can potentially have some cooling benefits. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse while sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst lying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Base
This is a true foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly fast reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Shipping Fee: The Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and once shipped usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Base
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively offered to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress are underneath. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best mattress for you if you like to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is good for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for those who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the option to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you have a partner and need a mattress with great motion isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Base
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness option on opposite sides. This gives you a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature enables you to have 2 distinct comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Base