When you can not determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a memory foam with more support for your hips and back. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Better Business Bureau
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Better Business Bureau
Construction Layla Mattress Better Business Bureau
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Better Business Bureau
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side will put you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Better Business Bureau
When regularly used, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important component to consider particularly if you have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you will not be disturbed when your partner moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat heavier, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to provide as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who move around at night changing positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that provides some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a fair amount of collapse when laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst laying on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Better Business Bureau
This is a true foam mattress made for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam models, the Layla mattress is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly fast reaction time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Shipping Fee: The Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually takes two to five days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You will want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Better Business Bureau
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively offered to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for the mattress are underneath. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal choice for you if you prefer to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also ideal for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the opportunity to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great when you’ve got a partner and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Better Business Bureau
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness option on each side. This provides you a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature lets you try two distinct comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Better Business Bureau