When you can’t decide whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a memory foam with more support for your hips and back. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress Box Spring
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Box Spring
Construction Layla Mattress Box Spring
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Box Spring
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will place you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Box Spring
When regularly used, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it is definitely worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial component to consider especially for those who share their mattress. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when your partner moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I will cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking in the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat heavier, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that provides some cooling benefits. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly think it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a frequent problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst sitting on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Box Spring
This is a genuine foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam models, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather fast reaction time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Delivery Charge: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually takes 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and shipped straight to you. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Box Spring
– Layla Sleep will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively provided to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress can be found below. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you want to feel as though you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is ideal for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the choice to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great when you’ve got a spouse and need a mattress with good movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Box Spring
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature lets you have 2 distinct comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Box Spring