When you can’t determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a memory foam with a little more support on your back and hips. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Box
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Box
Construction Layla Mattress Box
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Box
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will place you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Box
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial component to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you will not be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking into the bed rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (side, back and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it’s worth the cost.
Edge support is a regular issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a fair degree of collapse while laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Box
This is a authentic foam mattress made for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam models, the Layla mattress is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather fast reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Delivery Charge: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and once sent usually requires 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Box
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only offered to first purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are below. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the freedom to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also great if you have a spouse and require a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Box
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness option on each side. This allows you to have a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to try two distinct comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Box