When you can not determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a foam with more support for your hips and back. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to pick between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Mattress Break In Period
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Break In Period
Construction Layla Mattress Break In Period
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Break In Period
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Break In Period
When in use, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you change your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important component to consider especially if you share their bed. The Layla reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I will cover the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will most likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back and/or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a common problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse when sitting on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe while laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Break In Period
This is a true foam mattress made for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla mattress isn’t particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather quick response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Shipping Fee: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are made through FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and after it is shipped usually requires 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla requests buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Break In Period
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively provided to first purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress can be found below. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is good for you if you require a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the choice to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also great if you sleep with a partner and need a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Break In Period
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness option on opposite sides. This provides you a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature enables you to try 2 different comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this convenience great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Break In Period