When you can not determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a foam with a bit more support on your hips and spine. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Canada
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Canada
Construction Layla Mattress Canada
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Canada
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Canada
When in use, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price point. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head each time you change your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important component to consider especially if you share their bed. The Layla reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you will not be disturbed when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around at night switching positions (side, back and stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that offers some cooling benefits. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a fair degree of collapse when laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst sitting on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Canada
This is a true foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress isn’t particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly quick response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Delivery Fee: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. The mattresses take two to three days to manufacture, and after it is sent usually requires two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Canada
– Layla Sleep will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is only offered to first buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress can be found below. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is good for you if you need a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the freedom to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you sleep with a spouse and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should reduce the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Canada
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness option on opposite sides. This provides you a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Canada