If you can’t choose whether you need a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a foam with a little more support for your spine and hips. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to choose between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Compared To Purple
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Compared To Purple
Construction Layla Mattress Compared To Purple
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Compared To Purple
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will place you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Compared To Purple
When regularly used, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it is surely worth the price. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial element to consider particularly if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you will not be disturbed when your partner tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit bigger, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to give as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (side, back and/or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that offers some cooling benefits. But because of the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a fair degree of collapse when laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure while sitting on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Compared To Purple
This is a genuine foam mattress built for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla is not very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly quick response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Shipping Charge: The Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually takes 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and delivered straight to you. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Compared To Purple
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is only offered to first buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress are underneath. But please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal choice for you if you prefer to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for those who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the option to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great when you have a partner and require a mattress with good movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Compared To Purple
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness level on opposite sides. This gives you a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature enables you to have 2 distinct comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this convenience great as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Compared To Purple