When you can not decide whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a memory foam with more support for your hips and back. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Comparison
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Comparison
Construction Layla Mattress Comparison
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Comparison
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Comparison
When regularly used, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it’s definitely worth the price point. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head every time you change your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial component to consider particularly if you share their bed. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you’ll not be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit bigger, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to give as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress uses both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that offers some cooling properties. But because of the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse when sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Comparison
This is a true foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly quick reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Delivery Charge: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx. Mattresses take two to three days to assemble, and after it is sent usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You will want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Comparison
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only given to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are below. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal mattress for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also good for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for those who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the choice to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also great if you sleep with a partner and require a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Comparison
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to try two distinct comfort levels and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Comparison