When you can not decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a foam with more support for your spine and hips. With two built in firmness options, you get to select between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Complaints
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Complaints
Construction Layla Mattress Complaints
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Complaints
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side will put you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Complaints
When regularly used, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it is surely worth the price point. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider particularly if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you will not be bothered when your spouse tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit bigger, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to provide as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But due to the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a fair degree of collapse when sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe while sitting on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Complaints
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla mattress isn’t particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly quick reaction time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Delivery Fee: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually requires two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Complaints
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively given to original purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress are underneath. But please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you prefer to feel as though you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you want a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the option to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you sleep with a partner and need a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Complaints
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness level on each side. This gives you a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature enables you to try two different comfort levels and pick the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Complaints