If you can’t choose whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a foam with more support on your back and hips. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Consumer Reports
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Consumer Reports
Construction Layla Mattress Consumer Reports
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Consumer Reports
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side will put you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Consumer Reports
When used regularly, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider particularly if you share their mattress. The Layla reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you will most likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit bigger, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to provide as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which provides some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a frequent issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Consumer Reports
This is a genuine foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam models, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a rather fast response time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Delivery Charge: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and once sent usually takes 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and shipped straight to your home. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Consumer Reports
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively given to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress are below. But please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is good for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the choice to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal when you have a partner and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Consumer Reports
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness level on each side. This gives you a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature lets you try 2 distinct comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Consumer Reports