When you can not determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a memory foam with more support on your hips and back. With two built in firmness levels, you get to choose between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress Consumer Reviews
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Consumer Reviews
Construction Layla Mattress Consumer Reviews
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Consumer Reviews
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Consumer Reviews
When regularly used, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price point. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you change your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial element to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when your spouse moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat bigger, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to give as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla incorporates both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which can potentially have some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst laying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Consumer Reviews
This is a authentic foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress isn’t very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly quick reaction time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Shipping Charge: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three business days to assemble, and after it is sent usually requires 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla requests buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Consumer Reviews
– Layla Sleep will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is only offered to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are below. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you require a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for those who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the freedom to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also great if you’ve got a spouse and need a mattress with good movement isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Consumer Reviews
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to try two different comfort levels and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Consumer Reviews