If you can’t decide whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a memory foam with a bit more support on your spine and hips. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress Copper
Read on for my full review of the Layla, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Copper
Construction Layla Mattress Copper
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Copper
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Copper
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it is definitely worth the price. Layla also advises turning your mattress from head to foot each time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important component to consider particularly if you share their bed. The Layla reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you will not be bothered when your spouse moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I will cover the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you are sinking in the bed rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat bigger, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to provide as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that offers some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a common problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a fair amount of collapse while sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Copper
This is a true foam mattress made for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress is not particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly quick reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Delivery Charge: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually requires two to five days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Copper
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively provided to first purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress are underneath. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you prefer a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the freedom to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you sleep with a partner and require a mattress with good motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Copper
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness level on opposite sides. This permits you to have a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature lets you try 2 distinct comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Copper