If you can’t choose whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a memory foam with a little more support on your hips and back. With two built in firmness options, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Cover
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, that includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Cover
Construction Layla Mattress Cover
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Cover
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Cover
When used regularly, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it is surely worth the price point. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from foot to head each time you change your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important factor to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when your spouse moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you are sinking into the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit bigger, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to give as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (side, back and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress makes use of both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling properties. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support is a frequent problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a fair degree of collapse while laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Cover
This is a true foam mattress built for impact absorbency. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress isn’t very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather fast reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Shipping Charge: Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually requires two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Cover
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively offered to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress are underneath. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you prefer to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also ideal for you if you need a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the option to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you have a spouse and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Cover
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature lets you try two distinct comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Cover