When you can not choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just need a foam with a bit more support for your spine and hips. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to pick between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Customer Reviews
Read on for my full review of the Layla, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Customer Reviews
Construction Layla Mattress Customer Reviews
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Customer Reviews
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will put you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Customer Reviews
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it’s certainly worth the price point. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from foot to head every time you change your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial component to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I will cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you are sinking in the bed rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit bigger, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around at night switching positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that provides some cooling properties. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it’s worth the price.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse when sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst lying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Customer Reviews
This is a authentic foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly quick reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Delivery Fee: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually requires 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Customer Reviews
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively given to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress are below. But please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal mattress for you if you like to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is good for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for people who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the opportunity to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also great when you’ve got a partner and require a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Customer Reviews
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness option on opposite sides. This allows you to experience a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you try two different comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Customer Reviews