If you can not determine whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a foam with more support for your hips and spine. With two built in firmness options, you get to choose between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Mattress Density
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Density
Construction Layla Mattress Density
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Density
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Density
When in use, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it is surely worth the price. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial element to consider particularly if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I will cover the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat bigger, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which provides some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it’s worth the cost.
Edge support is a frequent issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while laying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Density
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress is not that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather fast reaction time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Shipping Charge: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 days to manufacture, and once shipped usually takes 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You will want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Density
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively given to original owners who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress can be found underneath. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you want to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also ideal for you if you want a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for those who sleep on their side. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the opportunity to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also great if you’ve got a partner and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Density
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness option on each side. This permits you to have a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature enables you to have two distinct comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this convenience great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Density