If you can’t decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a memory foam with more support on your hips and back. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to choose between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress Dimensions
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Dimensions
Construction Layla Mattress Dimensions
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Dimensions
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will place you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Dimensions
When used regularly, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price point. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you change your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial factor to consider particularly if you have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you’ll not be bothered when your spouse moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you are sinking in the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to give as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which can potentially have some cooling properties. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a common problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Dimensions
This is a true foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly quick response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Shipping Charge: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Dimensions
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively provided to original owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress are underneath. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is good for you if you prefer a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for those who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the option to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great when you sleep with a spouse and require a mattress with good motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Dimensions
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness level on opposite sides. This provides you a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature enables you to try 2 distinct comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Dimensions