If you can’t decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a foam with a little more support on your back and hips. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Durability
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Durability
Construction Layla Mattress Durability
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Durability
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side will put you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Durability
When in use, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price point. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head every time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial element to consider particularly if you share their bed. The Layla reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you’ll not be disturbed when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat heavier, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to give as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (side, back or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that provides some cooling benefits. But due to the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely think it’s worth the cost.
Edge support is a common problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a fair amount of collapse while laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe while laying on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Durability
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather quick reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Shipping Charge: Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually requires 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You will want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Durability
– Layla Sleep will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only offered to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress are underneath. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you prefer to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is great for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for those who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the opportunity to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great when you’ve got a partner and need a mattress with good movement isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Durability
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you have 2 distinct comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Durability