When you can not decide whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a memory foam with a little more support on your back and hips. With two built in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress Edge Support
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Edge Support
Construction Layla Mattress Edge Support
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Edge Support
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Edge Support
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial element to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you will not be bothered when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat bigger, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (side, back or tummy sleepers).
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that provides some cooling properties. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support is a frequent problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse while laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst laying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Edge Support
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly quick response time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Delivery Fee: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually takes 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Edge Support
– Layla Sleep will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only offered to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress can be found below. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best mattress for you if you prefer to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also ideal for you if you want a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for those who sleep on their side. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them enough support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the choice to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you have a spouse and need a mattress with great motion isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Edge Support
The Layla mattress features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature enables you to have 2 distinct comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Edge Support