If you can’t determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a foam with more support for your hips and back. With two built in firmness levels, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives more support. Layla Mattress Faq
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Faq
Construction Layla Mattress Faq
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Faq
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Faq
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is surely worth the price point. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial component to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to give as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (side, back or stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that provides some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Faq
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla mattress isn’t that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly fast response time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Delivery Charge: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually takes two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to your home. You will want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Faq
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only provided to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress can be found below. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the best mattress for you if you prefer to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also good for you if you require a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for those who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the freedom to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also great if you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Faq
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness option on opposite sides. This allows you to experience a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature enables you to try two distinct comfort levels and pick the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Faq