If you can’t decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a foam with more support for your spine and hips. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Firmness Scale
Read on for my full review of the Layla, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Firmness Scale
Construction Layla Mattress Firmness Scale
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Firmness Scale
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will put you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Firmness Scale
When in use, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it is certainly worth the price. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important factor to consider particularly for those who share their mattress. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you’ll not be disturbed when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat bigger, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which provides some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it is worth the price.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe while laying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Firmness Scale
This is a true foam mattress constructed for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam models, the Layla mattress is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly fast reaction time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Shipping Fee: Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made through FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and once sent usually takes 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to your home. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Firmness Scale
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively provided to original owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress can be found underneath. But please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal choice for you if you like to feel as if you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for those who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the option to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal when you have a spouse and require a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Firmness Scale
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness level on opposite sides. This allows you to experience a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature enables you to try 2 different comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Firmness Scale