If you can not choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a memory foam with more support on your back and hips. With two built-in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Firmness
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Firmness
Construction Layla Mattress Firmness
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Firmness
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Firmness
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price point. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important factor to consider particularly for those who share their bed. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I will cover the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you are sinking in the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit bigger, the plush side of the mattress might not be able to give as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (side, back or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that can potentially have some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a fair degree of collapse when sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure while laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Firmness
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla mattress is not particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly fast reaction time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Shipping Charge: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually requires two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Firmness
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is only provided to original purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress are below. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you prefer to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you want a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the choice to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also great if you have a partner and require a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Firmness
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on opposite sides. This allows you to have a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to try 2 distinct comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Firmness