When you can not choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just need a memory foam with a little more support for your spine and hips. With two built in firmness levels, you get to pick between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress For Back Pain
Read on for my full review of the Layla, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress For Back Pain
Construction Layla Mattress For Back Pain
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress For Back Pain
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress For Back Pain
When in use, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot every time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial component to consider particularly if you share their mattress. The Layla isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you’ll not be disturbed when your partner moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking into the bed rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit bigger, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to provide as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (side, back and tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress incorporates both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling properties. But because of the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a common problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a fair degree of collapse while sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress For Back Pain
This is a authentic foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly quick reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Delivery Fee: The Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx. Mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and once sent usually takes two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress For Back Pain
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only offered to first purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress are below. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best mattress for you if you want to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also great for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the opportunity to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also great when you have a spouse and require a mattress with great motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress For Back Pain
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness level on each side. This permits you to experience a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to try two different comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress For Back Pain