When you can’t decide whether you need a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a foam with a little more support for your spine and hips. With two built in firmness levels, you get to choose between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress For Side Sleepers
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress For Side Sleepers
Construction Layla Mattress For Side Sleepers
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress For Side Sleepers
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will place you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress For Side Sleepers
When in use, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price point. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from foot to head each time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial component to consider especially for those who share their bed. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when your spouse rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I will cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking into the bed rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat heavier, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to give as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back and stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that provides some cooling properties. But because of the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse while sitting on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress For Side Sleepers
This is a authentic foam mattress made for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla isn’t that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly fast reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Shipping Fee: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 business days to assemble, and once shipped usually requires 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress For Side Sleepers
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively provided to original owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress are underneath. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you prefer a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for those who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the choice to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also great when you sleep with a partner and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress For Side Sleepers
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness level on opposite sides. This permits you to experience a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature enables you to try two distinct comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress For Side Sleepers