When you can’t determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a foam with more support on your hips and spine. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Forum
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Forum
Construction Layla Mattress Forum
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Forum
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Forum
When used regularly, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it is definitely worth the price point. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you change your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important component to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I will cover the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat bigger, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to give as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (side, back and stomach sleepers).
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which provides some cooling properties. But due to the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support is a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a fair amount of collapse while laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst sitting on the edge so you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Forum
This is a authentic foam mattress built for impact absorbency. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla isn’t that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a rather quick reaction time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Shipping Charge: The Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 days to assemble, and after it is shipped usually requires 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Forum
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively given to first owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress can be found underneath. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you prefer to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you want a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the option to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you’ve got a spouse and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should reduce the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Forum
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on each side. This permits you to have a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature enables you to have 2 distinct comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Forum