When you can’t choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a memory foam with a little more support for your hips and spine. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to select between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Foundation
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Foundation
Construction Layla Mattress Foundation
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Foundation
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will place you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Foundation
When regularly used, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important element to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when your spouse rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat heavier, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to provide as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side and tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which offers some cooling benefits. But because of the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely think it is worth the investment.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Foundation
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather quick response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Delivery Charge: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually requires two to five days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to you. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Foundation
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is only provided to first owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress can be found below. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the best mattress for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is great for you if you require a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for people who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the freedom to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great if you sleep with a partner and require a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Foundation
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you have 2 distinct comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Foundation