If you can’t decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a memory foam with a bit more support on your back and hips. With two built-in firmness options, you get to pick between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress Frame
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Frame
Construction Layla Mattress Frame
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Frame
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Frame
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price point. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial component to consider particularly if you share their bed. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you’ll not be bothered when the person beside you tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking in the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit bigger, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to provide as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress uses both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which offers some cooling properties. But because of the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it is worth the price.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a fair amount of collapse when laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure while sitting on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Frame
This is a genuine foam mattress built for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly quick reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Delivery Charge: Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 business days to assemble, and once sent usually requires two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Frame
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively provided to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress can be found below. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the option to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you sleep with a partner and need a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Frame
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to have 2 distinct comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage great as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Frame